Re: [D3E] Possible Changes to Mutation Events

On Jul 17, 2008, at 2:50 PM, Jonas Sicking wrote:

> Kartikaya Gupta wrote:
>>> That's fine.  How many of those contexts have to assume that all DOM
>>> access is malicious?
>> More than zero, I think. There's at least one gtk implementation
>> that (at a quick glance) would have to deal with potentially
>> malicious users.
>
> And how well is gtk dealing with this? Has anyone done any extensive
> testing, such as fuzzing, to try to do evil things inside these
> mutation listeners?

Just from code inspection it looks like it will do the wrong thing,
there is no attempt to revalidate after firing the remove mutation
event. Note that in the case of libgdome the callers of DOM APIs and
receivers of mutation events will be native applications, so they are
probably not considered untrusted in the same way as Web content.

Regards,
Maciej