Re: [selectors-api] Investigating NSResolver Alternatives

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 12:07:24 -0400
To: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>

Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>>> Although it still has the requirement to throw a NAMESPACE_ERR when
>>> namespace prefixes that need to be resolved are encountered
>>>
>>> http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/selectors-api/
>>
>> In theory it might be better to throw NOT_SUPPORTED_ERR so going
>> forward you can distinguish between the case where namespaces are not
>> supported and the case where they are, but you forgot to bind a prefix
>> to a namespace.
>
> Done.

Uh... wait a sec.  If there is no NSResolver or equivalent and prefixes
are used, that's forgetting to bind a prefix to a namespace (and should
get NAMESPACE_ERR).  What cases are we trying to distinguish here, exactly?

The way I see it, all current impls should throw something if more than
one arg is passed, and should throw NAMESPACE_ERR if a prefix needs to
be resolved.

-Boris