Re: [selectors-api] Investigating NSResolver Alternatives

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 17:42:57 +0200
To: "Boris Zbarsky" <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, "Lachlan Hunt" <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>

On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 17:29:20 +0200, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>> * Deferring it until v2 and having browsers ship without support for
>>   NSResolver in inital implementations
>
> I think Gecko would be strongly interested in allowing full namespace
> support in querySelector, so would like to avoid this scenario.

What are the use cases you guys envision? All I can think of when thinking
about usage of querySelector on the Web is HTML. And maybe SVG and MathML
too in the near future. However, none of those really requires namespace
support, including when you mix them.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>