Re: ISSUE-37: [Progress] Use unsigned long long for .loaded and .total

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 10:10:45 +1000
To: Web Applications Working Group WG <public-webapps@w3.org>

Sam Weinig:
> This seems somewhat problematic for JavaScript bindings, which use
> doubles to represent numbers.  I don't believe it is possible to
> represent an unsigned long long (making the assumption that means it is a
> 64 bit integer) in a double.

Right.  Currently I have Web IDL say that the closest value
representable with a Number should be used:

  http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/#es-unsigned-long-long

That is for values >= 2**53.  Whether that’s a useful definition or
something else should be done, I’m not sure.

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/