Re: [access-control] Update

Jonas Sicking wrote:
> Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 01:13:52 +0200, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I am very strongly against this syntax as it gives a false sense of
>>> security. To the point where I don't think I'd be willing to
>>> implement it in firefox. The fact that postMessage allows this sounds
>>> very unfortunate and something that I will look into fixing in that
>>> spec.
>>
>> Let me know how that works out. postMessage() is shipping already in
>> various implementations...
>
> I will keep you updated.
>
> Until then I very strongly feel we need to change the parsing rules to
> refer to rfcs 3986 and 3490 the way the previous draft did.

To make it clear, since i'll be on vacation and won't be very responsive
on email the coming week, the current syntax is not acceptible to
mozilla. If referring to the above rfcs is not an option for some
reason, we need to define the syntax in some other way that disallows
full uris that includes paths.

/ Jonas