Re: [access-control] Update

Hi, Sunava-

Sunava Dutta wrote (on 7/9/08 4:48 PM):

> As promised, I've discussed the proposal we discussed at the F2F with
> my extended team and we're excited about making the change to
> integrate XDomainRequest with the public scenarios specified by
> Access Control. This means IE8 will ship the updated section of
> Access Control that enables public data aggregation (no creds on
> wildcard) while setting us up on a trajectory to support more in the
> future (post IE8) using the API flag in an XDR level 2.

This is great news.  Thanks for arranging the F2F.  It was a breath of
fresh air after the contentious email disputes... it helped get us in
the same chapter, if not quite on the same page.  :)

The Access Control spec is definitely improved by your engineering
team's feedback, and I'm glad to see Microsoft getting more engaged.
I'm glad that enough of the security issues were dealt with, or
clarified to your satisfaction, that you can commit to implementing it.
  It's a win for developers and users that IE8 (along with the other
major browsers) will conform to a profile of Access Control, aiding
widespread serverside deployment.

I know the current IE team has experienced some turbulence while getting
more involved in W3C, but I am encouraged by the productivity that a F2F
can bring.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, WebApps, SVG, and CDF