Re: [access-control] Update

From: Kris Zyp <kris@sitepen.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 22:08:04 -0700
To: "Sunava Dutta" <sunavad@windows.microsoft.com>, "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>, "Jonas Sicking" <jonas@sicking.cc>, "Maciej Stachowiak" <mjs@apple.com>
Cc: "WebApps WG" <public-webapps@w3.org>

> As promised, I've discussed the proposal we discussed at the F2F with my
> extended team and we're excited
> about making the change to integrate XDomainRequest with the public
> scenarios specified by Access Control.
> This means IE8 will ship the updated section of Access Control that
> enables public data aggregation (no creds on
> wildcard) while setting us up on a trajectory to support more in the
> future (post IE8) using the API flag in an XDR
> level 2.

Awesome! I think this is great news for the web community. I just want to
say great job to all those involved in seeing convergence being reached. I
believe many web developers are going to benefit from this specification,
and much more so now that it will be accessible across browsers.
Thank you for your efforts,
Kris