Re: [access-control] Update

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 00:43:05 +0200
To: "Maciej Stachowiak" <mjs@apple.com>
Cc: "Sunava Dutta" <sunavad@windows.microsoft.com>, "Jonas Sicking" <jonas@sicking.cc>, "WebApps WG" <public-webapps@w3.org>

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 00:32:18 +0200, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
wrote:
> I would be in favor of Access-Control or Access-Control-Allow, I think
> Access-Control-Origin and Origin are confusing in combination. It seems
> unclear from the names which is a request header and which is a response
> header.

We could restrict Access-Control-* to the server.

I actually thought of using Preflight-For-Method and Preflight-For-Headers
instead of Access-Control-Request-Method and
Access-Control-Request-Headers. Changing this would also allow using
Access-Control-Methods and Access-Control-Headers on the server, making it
all slightly more in line with each other.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>