W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webapps@w3.org > July to September 2008

[minutes] DOM3 Events Telcon, 9 July 2008

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 16:12:26 -0400
Message-ID: <48751BAA.40909@w3.org>
To: "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>

Hi, DOM3 Events Fans-

The minutes from the DOM3 Events Telcon of 9 July 2008 can be found here:

   http://www.w3.org/2008/07/09-webapps-minutes.html

Or as text below:

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

              Web Applications Working Group Teleconference

09 Jul 2008

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/09-webapps-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Shepazu, smaug, Carmelo

    Regrets
    Chair
           Doug Schepers

    Scribe
           Carmelo

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Test Suite
      * [5]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________



    <trackbot> Date: 09 July 2008

    <shepazu> carmelo is here, smaug

    <smaug> just a second

    <smaug>
    [6]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2008AprJun/020
    6.html
    [7]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2008AprJun/022
    7.html
    [8]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2008AprJun/041
    5.html

       [6] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2008AprJun/0206.html
       [7] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2008AprJun/0227.html
       [8] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2008AprJun/0415.html

    <shepazu> scribenick: Carmelo

Test Suite

    <shepazu>
    [9]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2008AprJun/041
    5.html

       [9] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2008AprJun/0415.html

    <shepazu>
    [10]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2008AprJun/at
    t-0415/mouseover-002.html

      [10] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2008AprJun/att-0415/mouseover-002.html

    Doug: We need to make a code library
    ... as its own resource
    ... Maybe on CVS

    Carmelo - Good idea

    Carmelo- Shoudn't HTML be used to wrap code around

    Doug: shoudn't need to

    Carmelo - We should have a catalog file with tests metada

    Ollie - First test should be mark up the specs with requirements.

    Doug - Ok, will do this next.

    <shepazu> ACTION: shepazu to annotate the spec with testable
    assertion markup [recorded in
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/09-webapps-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-13 - Annotate the spec with testable
    assertion markup [on Doug Schepers - due 2008-07-16].

    <scribe> ACTION:Carmelo to submit an example of catalog file to keep
    track of tests metada. [recorded in
    [12]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/09-webapps-minutes.html#action02]

    Doug: Each assertion in the specs should have a unique id.

    Carmelo: Will each assertion translate into a single or many tests?

    Doug: No, it will be one or many
    ... Each test will reference one or more ID's
    ... Then you can reference those links from the tests

    Carmelo - Will the Id's form a basis for the test name

    Doug: Each test will reference an assertion.
    ... We should not get bog down on the test aspect.

    Carmelo: Perhaps all the specs should be mark up.

    Doug: Will push this idea for other specs. Editors may compain about
    the extra work.
    ... Been editing the specs quite a bit lately.

    Ollie: Will it be possible to see the versions of the specs, at
    least the last one?

    Doug: You can see them all.

    <shepazu>
    [13]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2006/webapi/DOM-Level-3-Events/html/

      [13] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2006/webapi/DOM-Level-3-Events/html/

    Doug: From this link all versions can be seen.
    ... not keeping a diff of different options.

    <smaug>
    [14]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2006/webapi/DOM-Level-3-Events/html/DOM
    3-Events.html.diff?r1=1.17&r2=1.18&f=h

      [14] 
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2006/webapi/DOM-Level-3-Events/html/DOM3-Events.html.diff?r1=1.17&r2=1.18&f=h

    <smaug> that is enough for me

    Doug: Definitions should be normative
    ... Only the specs themselves will have to be changed to make
    assertions clear.
    ... Each event will have several tests associated with it. Check for
    correct attributes and values.

    Carmelo: We should make it as easy as we can within the constraints
    we have.
    ... No limits on our test suite?

    Doug: Only a lower bound. As least as many tests as there are
    assertions.

    How many assertion you expect?

    Doug: Several hundreds
    ... Was asked about Mutation events. How stable they are?

    Ollie: stable

    Doug: Mutation events may be changed a bit to make them less
    cumbersone to people to use.

    Ollie: May not agree with some of those changes.

    Doug: Not sure if those changes will happend. Will send a message to
    the list.
    ... Anything elase about testing?

    Carmelo: We are ok for now

    Ollie: Do we have access to CVS?

    Doug: will make a CVS repository.

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Carmelo to submit an example of catalog file to keep
    track of tests metada. [recorded in
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/09-webapps-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: shepazu to annotate the spec with testable assertion
    markup [recorded in
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2008/07/09-webapps-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, WebApps, SVG, and CDF
Received on Wednesday, 9 July 2008 20:13:00 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 26 March 2013 18:49:27 GMT