Re: [widgets] ETags and Automatic updates

While "ETag" is the name of an HTTP Header, the _contents_ of the ETag
has nothing to do with HTTP.

No matter the delivery format, a hash value that represents the widget
can be supplied. It can be done as an HTTP Header, as an attribute in
the XML that represents the widget (as in your example), Or as some
other element delivered in the package itself.

Mike Amundsen

--
mca
http://amundsen.com/blog/