ISSUE-21: should Widgets 1.0 allow fallback for <content> element? [Widgets]

From: Web Applications Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 04:30:02 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-webapps@w3.org

ISSUE-21: should Widgets 1.0 allow fallback for <content> element? [Widgets]

http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/track/issues/

Raised by: Marcos Caceres
On product: Widgets

Currently, only one <content> element is allowed in a configuration document. This means that authors can't point to alternative representations of their widgets. For example, I might want to load a flash version, and, failing that I might want to load a HTML version. this could maybe be solved by allowing something similar to:

<content src="someFile" type="some/mediaType">
  <content src="someOtherFile"type="text/html"/>
</content>