Re: Worker Threads and Site Security Policy | Two Possible New Items for Standardization

From: Arun Ranganathan <arun@mozilla.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 15:39:34 -0700
To: Sunava Dutta <sunavad@windows.microsoft.com>
CC: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, "aa@google.com" <aa@google.com>, Ben Turner <bturner@mozilla.com>, Johnny Stenback <jst@mozilla.com>, Jonas Sicking <sicking@mozilla.com>, Brandon Sterne <bsterne@mozilla.com>, "chaals@opera.com" <chaals@opera.com>, Chris Wilson <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>, "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>, "schepers@w3.org" <schepers@w3.org>, "tlr@w3.org" <tlr@w3.org>, "dveditz@mozilla.com" <dveditz@mozilla.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, IE8 Core AJAX SWAT Team <ieajax@microsoft.com>

Sunava Dutta wrote:
>> On Jun 25, 2008, at 1:09 PM, Arun Ranganathan wrote:
>>
> Mozilla
>
>>> presents preliminary thought on the subject [1], and notes similar
>>> straw persons proposed by WHATWG [2] and by Google Gears [3].  Also
>>> for reference see worker threads in C# [4].  The Web Apps working
>>> group seems like a logical home for this work.  Will other members
>>> of the WG engage with Mozilla on this, via additional work items
>>> covered by the charter of this WG?
>>>

> [Sunava Dutta] We're still working on getting our membership here together. May we have copies to (I'm assuming what are URLS) for these proposals?

Using a browser such as IE8 beta, click on the URLs mentioned below:

1] http://wiki.mozilla.org/DOMWorkerThreads
[2]  http://hixie.ch/specs/dom/workers/0.9
[3] http://code.google.com/apis/gears/api_workerpool.html
[4] http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/5xt1dysy.aspx
[5] http://people.mozilla.com/~bsterne/site-security-policy/

No licensing commitment is required.

(Or have I misunderstood your question about copies?)

-- A*