Re: ElementTraversal progress?

Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> Followup to webapps group please (reply-to set for this mail)
>
> On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 23:56:22 +0200, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
>
>> Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>>>  On Sat, 31 May 2008 01:05:44 +0200, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>

>>>  I guess Doug will pipe up soon, but as I understand things from him
>>> he thinks it makes sense to leave the spec as is. Opera, Ikivo and
>>> BitFlash are known to have implementations that are believed to be
>>> conformant to the current spec.
>> In mozilla we would actually even implement the .childElementCount
>> property by keeping a hidden childNodes list internally. But that
>> might be specific to the mozilla implementation.
>
> Indeed, it seems from discussing it that it would. Checking back with
> the implementor at Opera, we would prefer to leave the spec as it is for
> now, and if necessary write another, even smaller spec that offered the
> node list functionality if you really want it.

What about the issue I raised here:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2008AprJun/0214.html

Which no one replied to.

If you implement the HTML DOM you should already have code that not only
filters out elements, but even filters out elements of a specific name.
Seems like that code should be reusable?

/ Jonas