Re: <New: Tracking Issues in XHR that we raised>RE: <Was: Further LC Followup from IE> RE: Potential bugs identified in XHR LC Test Suite

Zhenbin Xu wrote:

> [...]

Which other parts of the spec is it inconsistent with. I definitely
agree that consistency is important. Looking at the spec it seems like
returning null is consistent with .responseText, but not consistent with
.status and .getResponseHeader().

Ideally we should have consistency across all these properties.

> I believe this has been adequately discussed in my earlier replies.

I'm sorry, I quite possibly have missed it, I apologize for that, I'm
trying to juggle a number of issues in this WG as you can see :). So
feel free to send me a pointer to an archived mail (archive is available
at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/) or reiterate the
reasons here.

/ Jonas