Re: <New: Tracking Issues in XHR that we raised>RE: <Was: Further LC Followup from IE> RE: Potential bugs identified in XHR LC Test Suite

Zhenbin Xu wrote:
> Jonas, I don't feel you have summarized our position properly.  We
> said it should be exception but we are willing to accommodate other
> implementations for the spec to have a leeway there and avoiding
> protracted discussions.

I assume you mean by the "null or exception" proposal? I think many
people have made it quite clear that they think that is the least good
solution as it doesn't produce interoperability across browsers.

> We have absolutely no problem for the spec to
> clearly state that exception is the best API that should be followed.

Hehe, yes, that has been quite clear :)

> It is backed by technical arguments on my replies.  Let's expand more
> there if you feel those are inadequate.

Yes please do, I'm curious as to what those technical arguments are. The
one I've heard so far is concern about site compatibility with returning
null. I.e. you guys are concerned that sites will break if an exception
isn't thrown.

Are there other ones? Do you have any data to back up the compatibility
concern?

/ Jonas