[Widgets] Requirements LC

To which Timeless replied...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: timeless <timeless@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 7:44 PM
Subject: Re: [Widgets] Requirements LC
To: Marcos Caceres <marcosscaceres@gmail.com>

(you didn't reply to the list)

On 6/18/08, Marcos Caceres <marcosscaceres@gmail.com> wrote:
>  R35. Configuration Document Data
>  A conforming specification SHOULD specify a means that allows authors
>  to access any relevant data they declared in the configuration

*relevant data*

>  document for the widget resource.

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 11:20 AM, Marcos Caceres
<marcosscaceres@gmail.com> wrote:
> If it was irrelevant, it would not have been declared in the config. I
> don't understand why you think it is irrelevant?

your words, not mine. I think you should just delete the word "relevant".

note that I'm reading everything *very* literally.

> Yes, that is possible (using XHR to load the config from within the
> package), but then you have to walk an XML tree which sucks. The other
> way is to use the properties that we have bound to the Widget object.
> Check out http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-api/Overview.src.html

yeah, i'm sure such things are possible in some theoretical sense, but
i want to make sure that the API you're asking for doesn't
specifically do/enable this.