Re: ISSUE-3 (eventType): [Progress] [D3E]

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 13:19:16 +0200
To: "Charles McCathieNevile" <chaals@opera.com>, "Garrett Smith" <dhtmlkitchen@gmail.com>, "Web Applications Working Group WG" <public-webapps@w3.org>

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 07:25:42 +0200, Charles McCathieNevile
<chaals@opera.com> wrote:
> The usecase makes sense to me. But I wonder if it should be defined in
> DOM 3 events instead?

DOM Events should define a way for other specifications to introduce their
own event interfaces in a convenient way. The other specifications can
then use that to easily describe FooEvent, FooEvent.init..., and
"FooEvent" (for constructing). It would be quite a burden if DOM Events
would actually needed to be updated each time we introduce a new event
interface.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>