RE: Improving Communication and Expectations

From: Sunava Dutta <sunavad@windows.microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 15:22:33 -0700
To: Marcos Caceres <marcosscaceres@gmail.com>, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
CC: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, "www-archive@w3.org" <www-archive@w3.org>, "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>

Incorrect.

...Or they could just ignore over two years of work, as was the case with Access Control, create their own proposal (Surely you mean create a proposal for a different feature. We never asked AC to be retired) and implementation in secret (I thought we disclosed this on our own accord. That is not a secret) and then attempt to fast track it through standardization ignoring due process (fast-track? We proposed it on email. Of course, how this got resolved (survey etc) had nothing to do with us. If there was another process we at that time were unaware).