Re: Seeking earlier feedback from MS [Was: IE Team's Proposal for Cross Site Requests]

I agree very strongly that as far as discussions in general on
this list go, we don't want to get off to a bad start, and we
should all try to very hard to keep a civil tone no matter how
angry and frustrated we get.

And I can see that the tone of my own previous message to the list
was definitely less civil than it should have been. Looking back
at the discussion thread, I can see now that Jonas was a better
model than me of how to phrase replies that state things
emphatically while still remaining civil.

So in the interest of trying to reduce the combativeness of
discussions, I guess I would suggest that in this case people on
the list are probably better off following Jonas's example than
they are mine.

I also agree very strongly with the part of Doug's message that
alludes to everybody in general making a genuine effort to take
their commitments very seriously (making a real effort to honor
those commitments, come hell or high water) -- especially in
promptly providing feedback when expected. Both because I think we
all ought to be feeling a greater sense of urgency about getting
the work done that we have come together to do (and in general,
all work we're involved in at the W3C -- helping W3C work
everywhere we are involved to get done faster), and because by
meeting expectations on time, we help to avoid situations where
people get angry and frustrated and then turn that into venting or
posturing on the list.

  --Mike

Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>, 2008-06-13 21:44 -0400:

--