Re: [XHR] SVG WG LC comments

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 11:12:14 +0200
To: "Jonas Sicking" <jonas@sicking.cc>
Cc: Erik Dahlström <ed@opera.com>, public-webapps@w3.org, "public-svg-wg@w3.org" <public-svg-wg@w3.org>

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 23:01:10 +0200, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
>>>  │ This is the Document pointer.
>>>
>>> If 'pointer' or 'Document pointer' is a term (which the styling seems
>>> to indicate) then please add it to section 2.2.
>>  The specification defines various terms throughout the specification.
>> Only terms that didn't really fit anywhere else are in section 2.2.
>
> Still sounds like "Document" is the correct term here, rather than
> "Document pointer".

Still? What do you mean?

> Isn't the URI resolved using the document?

Yes, the active document within the window.

> And what's the security dependencies. Security in browsers are different
> enough that I don't think we can nail it down too hard.

I think it has to two with two documents that can exchange information due
to document.domain and then determining the origin of the XMLHttpRequest
object.

However, that's not too important, determining the base URI seems
important enough to justify this.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>