Re: [XHR] (Late) LC Comments

Note: due to W3C thingies we changed mailing list as you might have
noticed...

On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 16:40:57 +0200, Geoffrey Sneddon
<foolistbar@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Under the definition of XML response entity body it is probably worth
> reiterating that if the UA is not also a conforming XML UA it must
> return null.

Since this is the uncommon case I decided not to do this.

> getAllResponseHeaders() should probably define the exact format. The
> example makes me think that it should always output one space (U+0020)
> after the colon, but currently anything is fine.

I clarified this.

> status and statusText currently MUST throw INVALID_STATE_ERR when there
> isn't any status code or text respectively sent by the server. HTTP/0.9
> includes neither: Saf, Fx, and IE all return 200 and "OK", and Op
> returns 0 and "". There isn't actually any issue with the state, so
> throwing an INVALID_STATE_ERR makes little sense. Also, a fair number of
> servers manage to omit the statusText, and that should just return "OK"
> (per Saf, Fx, and IE). I'd say that it should only throw if the state is
> UNSENT or OPENED.

I think it would be better if HTTP defined what clients should assume (200
and OK most likely) in case the response data does not include it. Your
HTTP parsing specification could do this for instance.

> In "Exceptions for the XMLHttpRequest Object" it would be nice to have a
> note that the other exceptions are defined in DOM 3 Core.

Done. (Although this should already be pretty clear given the reference
and all, but I added a note anyway since it was easy.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>