Re: ISSUE-2 (OnFoo Attributes): Event Handler Attributes (onfoo Attributes) and Add/Remove Event Listener [DOM3 Events]

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 12:30:59 -0700
To: Web Applications Working Group WG <public-webapps@w3.org>

On Jun 11, 2008, at 11:51 AM, Web Applications Working Group Issue
Tracker wrote:

> ISSUE-2 (OnFoo Attributes): Event Handler Attributes (onfoo
> Attributes) and Add/Remove Event Listener [DOM3 Events]
>
> http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/track/issues/
>
> Raised by: Doug Schepers
> On product: DOM3 Events
>
> Should Event Handler attributes (so-called 'onfoo attributes') be
> exposed in the  Add/RemoveEventListener interface?

I don't think any browser exposes these currently via addEventListener/
removeEventListener, but they do participate in the event dispatch
order. Another way to look at it is: they are added, but the function
created from the attribute is not added directly, it is wrapped with
an event listener that cannot be observed from JavaScript.

Regards,
Maciej