Re: [testtwf-shenzhen] Need your input: Writing Webapps tests at TestTWF

On Sun, Sep 8, 2013, at 11:48, James Graham wrote:
> FWIW I think that we are at a stage where the only reasonable answers to
> "do we have enough coverage for this spec" are "no" and "don't know". We
> just don't have the experience or methodology at the moment to be at all
> definite with this kind of question. Even where we think we have good

There could always be different levels of test completeness.

Level one is "having a basic test".
Level two is "tests for all basic functionality".
Level three is "tests for all functionality" and/or "all assertions have
a test".
Level four is "tests for all functionality with uncommon (evil) usage
tested".
Level five is "testing the intersection of other specs".

Hm, maybe levels is not the way, but anyway, it would certainly be very
nice to actually know a bit more about the test coverage. Just 80% 50%
etc is not telling me anything. I think it'd be have 100% level two on
specs. Higher levels are always harder to write tests for and are
probably better to do once we have the tests for all normal (good, nice
web developer) usage.

--
  Odin Hørthe Omdal
  odinho@opera.com