RE: Fwd: ACTION-681: Ask Tina to remove the IE column from the SSE implementation report (Web Applications Working Group)

Regarding to SSE test report http://www.w3.org/wiki/Webapps/Interop/ServerSentEvents , my summary of SSE failure analysis below:

1. eventsource-close.htm: the readyState return CONNECTING instead of CLOSE on Firefox. Firefox's implementation bug.

2. eventsource-constructor-url-bogus.htm, shared-worker/eventsource-constructor-url-bogus.htm: instead of throw an exception, Chrome kept connecting the invalid URL. Chrome's implementation bug.

3. eventsource-constructor-url-multi-window.htm: Chrome/Firefox/Opera throw assertion: assert_unreached: Reached unreachable code. Looks like an implementation bug for all browsers.

4. eventsource-cross-origin.htm: doCORS(redirect.php) timeout on Chrome and Firefox. Chrome doesn't remember the new URL when redirecting the web page, so implementation bug. Firefox's redirecting process always interrupted while the page was loading, implementation bug too.

5. format-bom-2.htm: Event stream parse failure on Firefox. Firefox's implementation bug.

6. format-comments.htm, format-data-before-final-empty-line.htm, format-field-data.htm, format-null-character.html and format-field-parsing.htm: Event stream parse failure on Opera. Opera's implementation bugs.

7. format-field-retry-bogus.htm, format-field-retry.htm: default duration (3000) of test harness timeout is too short to check the retry function, so set the timeout to 10000. Test case bug. Patch attached.

8. format-utf-8.htm: both Firefox and Opera parse the event stream in windows-1252 format instead of utf-8. Implementation bug.

9. request-status-error.htm: HTTP status: 204, 205, readyState should be CLOSED, but got CONNECTING; HTTP status: 210, 299, go to onmessage() but onerror() instead. Firefox's implementation bug.

10. dedicated-worker/eventsource-close.htm: Firefox throw ReferenceError: EventSource is not defined expected true got false. Seems Firefox doesn't support dedicated worker defining EventSource. Anybody confirm this, please? If so, I will change the test result to N/A.

11. shared-worker/eventsource-close.htm: Firefox throw error: SharedWorker is not defined. Seems Firefox doesn't support shared worker defining EventSource. Anybody confirm this, please? If so, I will change the test result to N/A.

12. shared-worker/eventsource-constructor-non-same-origin.htm: the readyState is CONNECTING instead of CLOSED on Chrome. Chrome's implementation bug

All - Please feel free to drop your comments or correct me if those are not browser's implementation bugs but limitations (test result should be N/A instead of Fail).

Tina will submit the implementation bug to Bugzilla before this weekend.

Thanks,
Tina