Re: Tests for "HTML5 Web Messaging"

On Tue, 19 Mar 2013 13:41:23 +0100, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
wrote:

> On Feb 28, Alex started a 1-month RfR for Web Messaging tests [1].
>
> Given there is non-zero cost to support duplicate tests (e.g. review,
> maintenance, testing, etc.), Simon - would you please identify the set
> of Opera's tests that do not overlap Microsoft's tests?

Hmm. It appears I was confused as to which tests I had submitted. The pull
request below is testing register*Handler and friends -- not Web
Messaging. I haven't submitted our Web Messaging tests yet, it turns out.
Will do so shortly, just waiting for some internal review.

That said, our tests are not identical to the Microsoft tests, and are
likely to expose different bugs in implementations. So even for tests that
are testing the same features, they are not necessarily duplicate tests. I
do not volunteer to look for tests that overlap and try to merge them.
However, I would not object if someone else were to do so, and I would be
happy to review such changes.

cheers

--
Simon Pieters