Proposal to move WebApps' tests to github [Was: Re: Opera's SSE Tests on GitHub]

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 09:21:23 -0500
To: ext Odin HÝrthe Omdal <odinho@opera.com>
CC: Tina Zhao <tina.zhao@intel.com>, public-webapps-testsuite@w3.org
On 1/21/13 8:23 AM, ext Odin HÝrthe Omdal wrote:
> HTML tests have all moved to GitHub[1].  We had many discussions about
> that on TPAC.  My understanding was that this move was not only for
> HTML, but for all groups.  The infrastructure for it should be in
> place, so it should be quite easy.
>
> So when I was speaking about GitHub, I actually meant having the full
> webapps repository there, and adding the SSE tests to the relevant
> subfolder on that repository.  I did not mean the current
> forked-off-on-its-own repository on GitHub that the Opera SSE tests
> have now.
>
> We just had a user Yaffle make 6 pull requests on GitHub [2] which is
> a reinforcement of the reasons for moving our test repositories to
> GitHub :-)  Also, HTML has already done the hard bits, so it should be
> rather easy for us to move now.
>

> So, where do I/we start for doing this?

During WebApps' TPAC 2012 meeting, the group did not discuss moving its
test repo to Github -  that move was discussed in one of Wednesday's TP
meeting breakout sessions.

If you want to pursue this move, to facilitate WG-wide feedback, please
send a proposal to public-webapps. Also, in the proposal, please be
clear about who you expect to do the work.

-Thanks, AB