Re: RfR: Opera's Server-sent Events tests; deadline April 17

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013, at 15:01, Arthur Barstow wrote:
> OK, so if I understand correctly, the next step is for Odin (or someone
> else) to fix the test issues Tina identified and after those fixes are
> reviewed, Tina or Odin will merge the related PR. And, after that, we
> should be ready to start CR interop testing. Is that `about right`?

Yes, sounds correct.  BTW, I'm busy this weekend and very limited time
to use on this during the normal work days, so if Tina or anyone else
would like to fix the issues Tina found they'd be very welcome.  Do it
like this:

# you need a checkout of our tests:
git clone https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests.git

# Then inside the web-platform-tests folder, check out the pull request
branch:
git checkout submission/Opera/ServerSentEvents

# Do your fixes, hack hack

# add your changes with
git add myfile.html test.js # etc.

# then finally push (you need access to the w3c web-platform-tests on
github for this, because you're changing a pull request that resides
there)

git push # on recent git, this should work and understand what you want
to do

# older git (more explicit about what's happening):
# git push --set-upstream origin
submission/Opera/ServerSentEvents:submission/Opera/ServerSentEvents

(this not tested)

> Tina - when you update the SSE interop data, would you please use a
> newer version of Firefox? Does anyone object to Tina using Firefox
> Nightly?
>
> (FYI, earlier this week I ran the first 5-10 SSE tests on FFNightly and
> got many more passes than with the version identified in the interop
> report).

That's awesome!

--
  Odin Hørthe Omdal