Proposal to remove Element Traversal Tests from Hg [Was: Re: Element Traversal tests]

[ + PLH ]

On 7/19/12 9:16 AM, ext Ms2ger wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A while back, DOM4 specified the features introduced in the Element
> Traversal specification [1], and I updated the existing tests [2] to
> use testharness.js [3].
>
> The old tests also appear to have ended up in HG [4-5]. Does anybody
> object to me removing those copies?

Given this status, it does seem to make sense to remove the ET tests but
I would like to hear from Philippe since I think he did some work on
those tests. PLH - WDYT?

If you do remove the tests, do you intend to keep the minimum directory
needed to support the Status.html file [a]? Perhaps that file should
explain the ET and DOM4 relationship. Another option is to remove that
file too and to add the explanation to PubStatus.

-Thanks, Art

[a] http://w3c-test.org/webapps/ElementTraversal/tests/Status.html