Re: removeRequestHeader()

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Mon, 26 May 2008 10:00:26 +0200, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
> wrote:
>> I am ok with deferring such a mechanism to XHR2 however. In WebKit
>> we'll likely implement it equally quickly whether it is in XHR1 or
>> XHR2 since it seems like useful functionality. But there are
>> complications, namely, how does it interact with headers that are set
>> automatically by the UA?
>
> It's not clear to me at all what problem it solves. The examples given
> so far are all UA bugs.

The problem that needs to be solved is that clients need a reliable way
to set a header.

Issues with the current spec are:

- implementations that preset headers on object creation

- implementations *adding* values before the request is being made

- library code that acts on an existing XHR instance but did not create
it, thus has no way what headers already have been set

(the last one IMHO is the most important one, and the one that really
requires new functionality)

BR, Julian