Re: Moving forward with XHR2 and AC

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 12:09:54 +0200
To: "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>, "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>, "public-webapi@w3.org" <public-webapi@w3.org>, "public-appformats@w3.org" <public-appformats@w3.org>

I changed my mind on several things below.

On Fri, 16 May 2008 13:37:54 +0200, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
> On Fri, 16 May 2008 02:07:57 +0200, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
>> Anne, can you summarise what needs doing to XHR2 and AC to move them
>> forwards to last call? Is there a list of outstanding comments anywhere?
> XMLHttpRequest Level 2
> * Depends on XMLHttpRequest Level 1 feedback:
> http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/XMLHttpRequest/disposition-of-comments-2
> * It needs an introduction at some point. (Though not per se for Last
> Call I suppose.)

This is both still true though I made some progress incorperating
feedback. (Need to make sure everything relevant made XMLHttpRequest 2 too

> Access Control for Cross-Site Requests
> * Need to deal with Access-Control-Policy-Path normalization

> * Need to figure out if we want the server to whitelist headers/methods
> (we had methods before and then dropped it)

I changed my mind on this. Given the reply from Björn in particular I
don't think there's anything that needs to be done here.

> * Need to figure out if we want the server to opt in to
> cookies/credentials

I rejected this proposal in another e-mail.

It seems therefore that Access Control is ready for Last Call and it seems
slightly safer to wait with XMLHttpRequest 2 until we have had all the
feedback on XMLHttpRequest 1 for which the comment deadline is Monday June

Anne van Kesteren