Re: XHR LC comments

On Sat, 17 May 2008 11:56:45 +0200, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
wrote:
> But what IMHO happens all over again is that strange choices in the
> design are defended with the statement "this is what the vendors do, or
> want to do", and when we check it, that turns out to be incorrect.

Could you point out one such example? I've actually tested a fair amount
of stuff, including headers, methods, etc. I agree that some of the
details of headers need to be worked out. For null/""/undefined I've been
waiting for the Web IDL specification. For which headers can be set by the
user agent I don't really have an answer and that part has not been
defined as such. That setRequestHeader() always appends was a conscious
choice to be in line with Internet Explorer. Initially the design was so
that it special cased a bunch of headers that did not allow duplication
which would have been more in line with Firefox, but given that it is not
a fixed list and the Internet Explorer route seemed more appropriate.