Re: XHR LC comments

On Thu, 15 May 2008, Julian Reschke wrote:
> Ian Hickson wrote:
> > What's wrong with referencing HTML5? Why can't the spec be more ready than
> > its normative references? We're only really referencing the concept, the
> > details aren't particularly critical to XHR.
>
> Because, by definition, normative references are part of the
> specification.

But we don't have to limit ourselves to that definition. We could just as
easily say that XHR1's functionality is as defined in XHR1, and that it
uses terms and features that are currently underdefined. It wouldn't, in
practice, take anything away from the ability to get interoperable
implemenations of the feature described in XHR1.