Re: XHR LC comments

On Thu, 15 May 2008, Julian Reschke wrote:

> The spec can't be more "ready" than all normative references.

Sure it can. The concept of "origin" (for instance) is pretty well
understood by browser vendors, and HTML5 is getting progressively closer
to defining it. XHR1 doesn't need it to be perfectly defined to make use
of it. Same with Window, probably even more so in fact.

> If these aren't getting ready in time, then I'm not sure why XHR1 needs
> to be on the W3C REC track at all.

Well, personally I don't mind what organisation publishes the spec. The
WHATWG would, I'm sure, be happy to publish the XHR spec if the W3C didn't
want to do it -- indeed, that's where XMLHttpRequest started its standards
career in the first place.