W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webapi@w3.org > May 2008

Minutes, DOM 3 Events Telcon, 14 May

From: Andrew Emmons <andrew.emmons@quickoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 14:09:33 -0500
To: "public-webapi@w3.org" <public-webapi@w3.org>
Message-ID: <A13D0B44629697468E9C6AE200CFD39A507B81BBDF@mailkeeper.mdigitalm.com>
Hi WG,

Please see the minutes for today's DOM 3 Events telcon:

http://www.w3.org/2008/05/14-webapi-minutes.html

Or below as text:

[1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                       Web API WG Teleconference
                              14 May 2008

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/14_May_2008

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2008/05/14-webapi-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Andrew_Emmons, Doug, smaug

   Regrets
   Chair
          SV_MEETING_CHAIR

   Scribe
          Andrew Emmons

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Halvord Steen's proposal
         2. [6]Additional editor
         3. [7]pressure events
     * [8]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________



   <trackbot> Date: 14 May 2008

   <scribe> Scribe: Andrew Emmons

   ScrineNick: aemmons

   <scribe> ScribeNick:aemmons

Halvord Steen's proposal

   <shepazu>
   [9]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapi/2008Apr/0225.ht
   ml

      [9] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapi/2008Apr/0225.html

   <shepazu> [10]http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/Legacy_key_events

     [10] http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/Legacy_key_events

   DS: I've adapted this into the Wiki
   ... Seems as if couple of issues were raised and he replied in a
   positive manner
   ... Smaug, can you take an action to incorperate changes?

   <smaug> pettay

   OP: Yes

   <scribe> ACTION: ollie to incorperate his feedback into Halvord
   Steen's wiki proposal [recorded in
   [11]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/14-webapi-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - ollie

   <smaug> Olli

   <scribe> ACTION: olli to incorperate his feedback into Halvord
   Steen's wiki proposal [recorded in
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/14-webapi-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - olli

   <scribe> ACTION: smaug to incorperate his feedback into Halvord
   Steen's wiki proposal [recorded in
   [13]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/14-webapi-minutes.html#action03]

   <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - smaug

   <smaug> opettay2

   <scribe> ACTION: opettay2 to incorperate his feedback into Halvord
   Steen's wiki proposal [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/14-webapi-minutes.html#action04]

   <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - opettay2

   <scribe> ACTION: doug to incorperate his feedback into Halvord
   Steen's wiki proposal [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/14-webapi-minutes.html#action05]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-276 - Incorperate his feedback into
   Halvord Steen\'s wiki proposal [on Doug Schepers - due 2008-05-21].

   DS: OP, were you generally happy with his approach?

   OP: Not clear for the IME part
   ... For exmaple
   ... I did some testing today and sent some results to the list
   ... Testing all the main browsers

   <shepazu>
   [16]http://mozilla.pettay.fi/moztests/events/browser-keyCodes.htm

     [16] http://mozilla.pettay.fi/moztests/events/browser-keyCodes.htm

   OP: Things are OK in FF, Opera, some cases quite different

   OP I have to cmpare the table in the Wiki with what I have tested
   today

   DS: If there are going to be differences between US and other
   keyboards in the world, should specify english keyboard, if we are
   going to specify anyhting

   OP: yes, if possible to specify

   DS: yes, this is informative so far
   ... Only for legacy, do not want to dwell too much on the legacy
   ... Your results look consistant accorss browsers

   OP: OPera seems to be different

   DS: might be useful if when it is in the Wiki, we color the rows
   that have differences

   OP: Key codes maybe?

   DS: Yes

   OP: Do not see reason to color rows that have differences for when
   they idspatch keypress

   DS: Your discresion
   ... Do you think it is useful to publish, even informatively, a
   table like this? WRT the key identifier set?

   AE: Yes

   OP: Yes

   DS: For next week we'll try to review proposal by Opera,
   specifically IME
   ... He conceeded it would be useful to allow an implementation to
   get keypress and keydown even in IME. Seems to have general
   agreement

   OP: Not sure what we can specify about legacy key events.

   DS: Must be informative - not interested in normative legacy key
   events spec

   <scribe> ACTION: Doug to send reminder to group to review legacy key
   events for next week [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/14-webapi-minutes.html#action06]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-277 - Send reminder to group to review
   legacy key events for next week [on Doug Schepers - due 2008-05-21].

Additional editor

   DS: I've agreed to take on some of the editing responsibilites
   ... Charles announced earlier today on the members list
   ... Interested in anyone else who may want to edit the spec to let
   us know
   ... If they want to be an editor, have time and resources, should
   approach us
   ... We're drifting a little bit, need to solve legacy keyboard
   stuff, focus more, I think we're progressing
   ... Will also send e-mail if there is a time that works better

   <scribe> ACTION: Doug to send e-mail regarding better telcon time
   request [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/14-webapi-minutes.html#action07]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-278 - Send e-mail regarding better telcon
   time request [on Doug Schepers - due 2008-05-21].

   <scribe> ACTION: Doug to edit spec to add mousewheel updates
   [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/14-webapi-minutes.html#action08]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-279 - Edit spec to add mousewheel updates
   [on Doug Schepers - due 2008-05-21].

pressure events

   DS: Doug T from mozillia did early implementation for pressure
   events
   ... Work done by the w3c by the Ink ML group. Does this look like a
   DOM 3 Events item? Or different spec?

   OP: Do not know enough about how hard it is to specify

   <smaug> [20]http://www.w3.org/2006/webapi/track/issues/124

     [20] http://www.w3.org/2006/webapi/track/issues/124

   DS: In the interest for getting DOM 3 out, like to put asside but
   should agressively track
   ... Maybe advanced mouse, advanced pointer interface

   AE: There is also the direction and velicity, for advanced
   pointer/finger UIs

   DS: Should coordinate with InkML WG
   ... Whomever is doing InkML
   ... Already started about 6 months ago
   ... Do you agree it's better to move DOM 3 forward?

   AE: yes

   OP: Yes

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Doug to edit spec to add mousewheel updates [recorded
   in [21]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/14-webapi-minutes.html#action08]
   [NEW] ACTION: doug to incorperate his feedback into Halvord Steen's
   wiki proposal [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/14-webapi-minutes.html#action05]
   [NEW] ACTION: Doug to send e-mail regarding better telcon time
   request [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/14-webapi-minutes.html#action07]
   [NEW] ACTION: Doug to send reminder to group to review legacy key
   events for next week [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/14-webapi-minutes.html#action06]
   [NEW] ACTION: olli to incorperate his feedback into Halvord Steen's
   wiki proposal [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/14-webapi-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: ollie to incorperate his feedback into Halvord Steen's
   wiki proposal [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/14-webapi-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: opettay2 to incorperate his feedback into Halvord
   Steen's wiki proposal [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/14-webapi-minutes.html#action04]
   [NEW] ACTION: smaug to incorperate his feedback into Halvord Steen's
   wiki proposal [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/14-webapi-minutes.html#action03]

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [29]scribe.perl version 1.133
    ([30]CVS log)
    $Date: 2008/05/14 19:03:18 $
     _________________________________________________________

     [29] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [30] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.133  of Date: 2008/01/18 18:48:51
Check for newer version at [31]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002
/scribe/

     [31] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: Andrew Emmons
Found ScribeNick: aemmons
Default Present: Andrew_Emmons, Doug, smaug
Present: Andrew_Emmons Doug smaug
Agenda: [32]http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/14_May_2008

     [32] http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/14_May_2008

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 14 May 2008
Guessing minutes URL: [33]http://www.w3.org/2008/05/14-webapi-minutes.h
tml
People with action items: doug olli ollie opettay2 smaug

     [33] http://www.w3.org/2008/05/14-webapi-minutes.html

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.


   End of [34]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [34] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm



Andrew Emmons
Engineering Director, SVG Business Unit
Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
Quickoffice, BitFlash Division
www.bitflash.com<http://www.bitflash.com/>,
www.quickoffice.com<http://www.quickoffice.com>
Received on Wednesday, 14 May 2008 19:10:02 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 14 May 2008 19:10:03 GMT