Re: XHR header blacklist rationale

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 10:40:16 +0200
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
CC: Sunava Dutta <sunavad@windows.microsoft.com>, "public-webapi@w3.org" <public-webapi@w3.org>, Gideon Cohn <gidco@windows.microsoft.com>, Ahmed Kamel <Ahmed.Kamel@microsoft.com>, Zhenbin Xu <zhenbinx@windows.microsoft.com>, Doug Stamper <dstamper@exchange.microsoft.com>

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> I see. (Your original message seemed to imply the list was not correct.)
> To be honest, and as I've stated in my reply to Julian, I'm not sure
> what the rationale is for some of them. Hopefully implementors can chime
> in on this thread and provide feedback for why each of the headers
> listed in setRequestHeader() is blocked.

Right. On the other hand, if nobody can explain why a particular header
is on that list, it should be removed.

> I'm not sure if that information should be included in the specification
> itself though. Generally that's not done in specifications as far as I
> can tell.

I'd say it's done in well-written specs.

BR, Julian