Re: [DOM3Events] keyCode and charCode data requested

From: Hallvord R. M. Steen <hallvord@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 23:34:47 +0200
To: "Hallvord R. M. Steen" <hallvord@opera.com>, "Andrew Emmons" <andrew.emmons@quickoffice.com>, "public-webapi@w3.org" <public-webapi@w3.org>

On Wed, 07 May 2008 23:29:03 +0200, Hallvord R. M. Steen
<hallvord@opera.com> wrote:

> Just a thought: for Windows systems I believe it might be fairly trivial
> to extract all this information from the DLLs that contain the keyboard
> layouts Windows ships with.

And to be a bit more precise - sorry, it's late here - the information I'm
suggesting we could try to extract automatically is what virtual keyCode
the various keys will fire and which ones are dead keys. This exercise
won't tell us if the keys fire keypress events or not.

--
Hallvord R. M. Steen
Core QA JavaScript tester, Opera Software