Re: [selectors-api] Extended Attribute [NoNull] in the IDL

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 19:19:17 -0500
To: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
CC: "Web APIs WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>> What do they do if there is an element named <null> in the document?
>
> IE 8 Beta: Returns null or empty NodeList

Interesting.   What happens in IE8b1 if you do:

   document.querySelector("")

?

> Opera:     Returns the <null> element, or a NodeList with all of them.
>            Similarly for undefined.

You mean document.querySelector(undefined) matches <undefined> nodes,
right?  That would be consistent with a JS Object.prototype.toString()
happening on the argument, I guess.  It's not clear to me how
"undefined" should behave with the "NoNull" decoration, for what it's worth.

-Boris