Re: Seeking XDR versus AC4CSR+XHR2 follow-ups by Microsoft [Was: Re: IE Team's Proposal for Cross Site Requests]

On Fri, 2 May 2008, Jonas Sicking wrote:
> Sunava Dutta wrote:
> > I apologize for the delay but we're currently coming up with a plan
> > moving forward to regarding how we want to proceed with cross domain.
> > Our timeframe for responses to the questions below is tied to that
> > plan.
>
> I'm not quite sure I understand why the answers to technical questions
> about the security model is affected by strategic decisions about how to
> move forward. I would have expected the dependency to go the other way
> around.

Yeah, I'm confused as to why Microsoft's technical comments on one
specification are being held hostage to Microsoft's overall strategy.

Surely the technical comments are valid independent of your strategy, and
providing them would improve the Web, which I'm assuming is what you want.

After all, you said you had these comments available last November, at the
Boston meeting, and would send them by mid-December!

This does not give a good impression of your commitment to standards.