Re: [selectors-api] Why have two identical differently named interfaces?

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 15:51:45 +0200
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Cc: Web APIs WG <public-webapi@w3.org>

Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> Is there a reason to have identical interfaces called DocumentSelector
> and ElementSelector that are identical?  Would it not make sense to just
> define a NodeSelector or something and require Document and Element
> nodes to implement it?  The confromance requirement could be easily
> stated in terms of descendants of the Node in question in a way that
> would work for both Document and Element nodes...

I have updated the editor's draft to define a single NodeSelector
interface that is implemented by Document and Element nodes.

You can review the changes in the latest editor's draft.

http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/selectors-api/#documentselector

Please let me know whether or not you are satisfied.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/