Re: [Element Traversal LC] access to element by index

> I'm actually not sure.  How often do authors want to get the third child
> without knowing anything more about it than that it's an element?
> Iterating through the kids (by means of ET or '.childNodes') gives you
> much more context information (what type of element it is, what it's
> bbox is, whether or not it has text/child content, etc.).  Not trying to
> be a pain, but can you identify a concrete use case?

[admin: please Cc me, I am not following this mailing-list]

I probably has to use it in my daily code - find the n-th child element
of another given element - at least a dozen times in the last fifteen
days. Iterating through the kids is a for my point of view pure bloat
compared to myFooElement.childElements.item(3)...

</Daniel>