XDR and bike sheds Re: What is Microsoft's intent...

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 09:42:35 +0100
To: "Sunava Dutta" <sunavad@windows.microsoft.com>, "Stewart Brodie" <stewart.brodie@antplc.com>
Cc: "Web API WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>, "IE8 Core AJAX SWAT Team" <ieajax@microsoft.com>

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 02:22:41 +0100, Sunava Dutta
<sunavad@windows.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Agreed. I think it's entirely reasonable to call XDR by its full DOM
> name, XDomainRequest.

Which, just as XMLHttpRequest is habitually shortened to XHR, will be
shortened to XDR in the real world.

I don't think we can avoid all name clashes - we should look at the one
that are close in functionality and try to avoid those in particular.

cheers

Chaals