DOM3 Events Keyflow

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 14:04:35 -0400
To: Web API public <public-webapi@w3.org>
Hi, WebAPI fans-

This past week in the DOM3 Events telcon, we discussed the order of key
events for the DOM3 Events specification, with attention paid to IME.
We are hoping to model the most platform-independent event order, and
are seeking active feedback from Apple, Microsoft, Mozilla, Opera, and
anyone else with experience in implementing keyboard events (especially
with regards to internationalization).

I've made a trial schematic to get us started [1].  I've also modeled it
in Graphviz, and I've included the Dot format file here (attached).
Graphviz is free open source software [2], and the Dot format is really
simple to edit.

We are hoping to discuss this again at next week's teleconference.

[1]
http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/DOM-Level-3-Events/proposals/d3e-keyflow.svg
[2] http://www.graphviz.org/

Regards-