Re: [selectors-api] Why have two identical differently named interfaces?

Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 01:18:27 +0100, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
> wrote:
>> Maybe the best solution would be to add a :scope pseudo-element which
>> is the target of the querySelectorAll call if not called on the
>> document. That would allow old-school JS library semantics just by
>> prepending ":scope ".
>
> :scope would also be nice for HTML5 <style scoped>.

In the interest of getting this specification to CR sooner rather than
later, I have decided not to include such a feature in this
specification, but I think it is worth considering for a future extension.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/