Re: Accessing Object Parameters from an Embedded SVG

Hi, Folks-

Hallvord R. M. Steen wrote (on 3/13/08 10:08 PM):

> On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 05:24:45 +0900, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
>
>> The proper fix here is IMHO to add something to the window object. So
>> that you don't have to reach out into documents that are from a
>> different domain.
>
> Agree. Would window.paramList be a good name? An object with name:value
> mappings would be useful, and one could iterate over it with for..in as
> usual.

Agreed.

I think this should be specified in the Window spec (and maybe to the
HTML5 spec?).

Boris Zbarsky wrote (on 3/13/08 3:11 PM):

>> It would have
>> been great if HTMLObjectElement had an accessible "params" NodeList
>> readonly attribute :(
>
> Yes, indeed.  It's not too late to add that!

Boris, do you mean that it's not too late to add that to Fx3?  What
about window.paramList?

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG, CDF, and WebAPI