Re: Extra Connection Support Proposal

From: Kris Zyp <kris@sitepen.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 09:24:47 -0700
To: "Stewart Brodie" <stewart.brodie@antplc.com>, "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: "Kris Zyp" <kzyp@sitepen.com>, "Web API WG \(public\)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

We are still faced with the fundamental problem that if a browser that
observes the two connection limit and two long-lived connections are
currently open and the user does something that triggers another request
(such as opening another tab), the browser is stuck and essentially hangs
waiting for a connection to become available. This is a serious usability
issue. Is there something that I need to do to improve my proposal, so can
effectively tackle this issue, and provide a means for authors to inform the
user agents when a response is long-lived?
Thanks,
Kris