Re: SVG copy and paste between applications?

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 15:58:08 +0100
To: ~:'' ありがとうございました。 <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>, public-webapi@w3.org
Cc: irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr, Erik Dahlström <ed@opera.com>

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 11:44:57 +0100, ~:'' ありがとうございました。
<j.chetwynd@btinternet.com> wrote:

> Chaals, Erik & Irène,
>
> Are we near being able to copy and paste svg symbols that are externally
> referenced with <use> between applications?

consistently and reliably across applications? I don't think so, which is
a shame.

The clipboard APIs spec [1] draft has some idea about how it should be
possible, in the same way as it should be possible to drag and drop things
in a web application, to copy things like the external use reference, or
the object itself, or various other possible things that you might choose
when "selecting" and object. But that spec is languishing for lack of an
editor.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/clipboard-apis

cheers

Chaals