Re: multipart, server-sent events, and

From: Robert Sayre <sayrer@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 14:12:46 -0500
To: "Maciej Stachowiak" <mjs@apple.com>
Cc: "Kris Zyp" <kzyp@sitepen.com>, "Mark Baker" <distobj@acm.org>, public-webapi@w3.org

On Feb 19, 2008 1:50 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:

> Probably the appropriate forum to make this proposal would be the IETF
> HTTP Working Group. I'll join the appropriate mailing list if others
> are interested in pursuing it there. In advance of this, we could
> agree by convention on an unofficial "Connection: x-pipeline" value to
> see how well this proposal works in practice.
>
> Thoughts?

It's a good idea, but some proxies forward hop-by-hop headers. :(
See <http://www.mnot.net/blog/2007/06/20/proxy_caching>

FWIW, the next Firefox beta will have pipelining enabled for https. I
won't be surprised if we hit bad bugs. Falling back to https in
combination with your proposed connection token might be a fine idea.

--

Robert Sayre