Re: Multipart Support Proposal

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 17:12:03 +0100
To: "Kris Zyp" <kzyp@sitepen.com>
Cc: "Web API WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 16:55:18 +0100, Kris Zyp <kzyp@sitepen.com> wrote:
> Multipart Support

Do we really want to overload XMLHttpRequest with "comet-style"
functionality? XMLHttpRequest is already quite complex. I'd personally
(and I think the company I represent would agree) much rather go with the
server-sent events proposal in HTML 5. Remove some functionality from it
as proposed by the WebKit guys so that it becomes easier to implement and
author and ship it.