Re: [selectors-api]

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 10:12:58 +0100
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
CC: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, public-webapi@w3.org

Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>>   1. Get default namespace / resolve namespace prefixes
>>   2. Run the group of selectors over the "current" DOM
>
> If the spec did require this, that would make me somewhat happier, but
> it wouldn't address the issue of what implementations are allowed to
> actually do to stop misbehaving NSResolvers.

I can modify the spec to require that, I just need to figure out the
best way to write it.  But then I don't think there is anything special
an implementation would need to do to deal with the a misbehaving
resolver  (beyond what the spec already requires for unexpected return
values and exceptions thrown by it), since any modifications performed
by the resolver would occur before searching the DOM.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/