Re: [selectors-api]

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 10:12:58 +0100
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
CC: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, public-webapi@w3.org

Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>>   1. Get default namespace / resolve namespace prefixes
>>   2. Run the group of selectors over the "current" DOM
> If the spec did require this, that would make me somewhat happier, but
> it wouldn't address the issue of what implementations are allowed to
> actually do to stop misbehaving NSResolvers.

I can modify the spec to require that, I just need to figure out the
best way to write it.  But then I don't think there is anything special
an implementation would need to do to deal with the a misbehaving
resolver  (beyond what the spec already requires for unexpected return
values and exceptions thrown by it), since any modifications performed
by the resolver would occur before searching the DOM.

Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software