Re: [selectors-api]

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 02:48:23 -0600
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
CC: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>, public-webapi@w3.org

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>   1. Get default namespace / resolve namespace prefixes
>   2. Run the group of selectors over the "current" DOM
> And I like to believe that this is what the specification requires.

Right now it doesn't require it, except insofar as it can be deduced from the
other requirements via a complicated chain of reasoning.

If the spec did require this, that would make me somewhat happier, but it
wouldn't address the issue of what implementations are allowed to actually do to
stop misbehaving NSResolvers.